Together We Are #CycloneStrong
COVID-19 is impacting every one of us in some way – the global pandemic is unlike anything most of us have faced. But if there’s one thing we can count on, it’s that Cyclones come together in times of need. So, it’s no surprise that many of Iowa State’s loyal and forever true alumni and friends have asked how they can help.
In recent days, university administrators – on our campus, and around the country – have had to make difficult decisions impacting students, faculty and staff. They are keeping the safety and health of all Cyclones foremost in mind as they seek to provide the planning, resources and assistance to continue an exceptional Iowa State educational experience.
Uncertain weeks and months may lie ahead, but what is certain is that many students will need extra support. Even under normal circumstances, students may live close to the edge financially; for some, not only is this new challenge overwhelming, it may mean falling short in completing an Iowa State education – or simply meeting everyday needs.
To enable Iowa State alumni and friends to support their fellow Cyclones, we are launching the Cyclone Strong Fund. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the fund will fill various needs for students and on campus, such as:
- Grant emergency aid to students experiencing financial hardship that may keep them from remaining enrolled, from paying their bills or rent to buying groceries
- Help fund the SHOP Food Pantry on campus, which serves students and staff in need
- Offer additional support through Student Counseling Services
- Assist university citizens who were studying abroad and have unanticipated expenses related to returning home in this emergency situation
- Offer dining and residential accommodations for students who returned from abroad and need a place to live for the remainder of the semester
- Purchase additional reservable laptops and equipment for students and staff as face-to-face classes are replaced by online courses
- Serve additional, unforeseen priorities as they arise during the COVID-19 pandemic, and in any future crises
During this time, we send each of you the very best Cyclone wishes from the heart of campus. And we ask that, even as we all practice social distancing, we come together online to show our support. Please consider a gift today and help get the word out about this important effort.
Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for all you do for Iowa State. Together, we are #CycloneStrong.
To stay up-to-date on the university’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please follow: https://web.iastate.edu/safety/updates/covid19
You can contribute by clicking on the “Make a Gift” button at the top of this page. If you have questions, or would like to discuss your gift with an ISU Foundation staff member, please email email@example.com or call 515-294-8536. Checks can be made payable to ISU Foundation, noting Cyclone Strong Fund in the memo line, and mailed to:
PO Box 2230
Ames, IA 50010